Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Dress for the Wedding

So my only brother got married a little while ago and I, of course, had to make a dress to wear.  I chose Vogue 1174, which is a Cynthia Steffe designer pattern.


 Here is the almost finished dress.  It just needs to be hemmed (the hem is pinned in the following two pictures.)




Here is a picture of me wearing the dress:

Here is the bodice in the earlier stages of construction (interlined in silk organza).

This picture shows you the foundation with boning.
The lining is sandwiched between the foundation and the fashion fabric.

2 comments:

monadnock said...

Thank you so much for this post, Michelle. My daughter chose this pattern for her wedding reception, and I would like to make it in dupioni silk, but in an ivory shade. Do you foresee any problems in a lighter colour, if I construct it in the three layers, as you did? Perhaps instead of the piping, I might use a narrow pearl or rhinestone trim . . . do you think that would work? I'm also choosing to add about 10" to the length (to make it tea-length), and as you suggest, will make a muslin first I so appreciate having read your suggestions, in advance. Merci and great job!

sertyan said...

The effort you put in this dress shows and it fits you beautifully! Well done