Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Panties



I just finished some new underwear. I made 3 pairs, another pair of the hipsters from Jalie 2568 and two bikini styles; one from Jalie 2568 and one from Jalie 2564.

Jalie 2568
Pattern Description:
Camisole with lace-trimmed rounded square front neckline. The scoop back neckline and armholes are finished with picot edge elastic. Hipster (A) with lace-trimmed waistband and hemmed leg openings (no elastic). Leg opening can be finished with picot edge elastic for better support. Bikini (B) with lace trimmed waistband and picot elastic at leg openings. Both panties are offered with a choice of high or low waistline. Brazilian hipster (C) designed for wide stretch lace and available in adult sizes only.

I made view A (navy blue pair) - hipster - with FOE at the waist and lingerie elastic at the leg openings and view B (white pair) - low waist bikini - with FOE at the waist and picot edge elastic at the leg openings.





Pattern Sizing:
F-FF 22" to 53" hips. I made size U (39" hips) for both.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instructions are very clear with short written instructions and detailed drawings.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the style and fit of the hipster panties. They are just like the American Eagle underwear I buy. I also love Jalie patterns. They are well drafted and the results look very RTW. I don't like the bikini's as much but that is just personal taste and has nothing to do with the pattern.

Fabric Used:
Navy and white cotton lycra knit (90% cotton/10% lycra) for the panties and a beige cotton lycra knit (90% cotton/10% lycra) for the crotch lining.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I extended the crotch lining so that there was more coverage towards the front. Also instead of using lace on the waistband, I used Fold-over elastic.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I have sewn the hipster view many times in the past and will make many more.

Conclusion:
Great underwear pattern.

Jalie 2564



Pattern Description: View A: Long camisole with built-in shelf bra and adjustable straps. View B: Double front pull-on bra with adjustable straps. Both tops can be finished with fold-over elastic or stretch lace trim. View C: Bikini or brief finished with visible fold-over elastic, stretch lace trim or fold-under 1 cm (3/8") knit elastic.

I made view C - bikini with FOE at the waistline and fold-under elastic (picot edge elastic) at the leg openings.

Pattern Sizing:F-FF 22" hips to 53" hips. I made size U (39" hips).

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?The instructions are very clear with short written instructions and detailed drawings.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked that the style is very current, no granny panties here. And I liked that it was a Jalie pattern which means it went together very well, is well drafted and the result looks very RTW but the coverage on the backside is a lot less than I would like.

Fabric Used:
White cotton lycra knit (90% cotton/10% lycra) for the panties and a beige cotton lycra knit (90% cotton/10% lycra) for the crotch lining.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No changes other than to use FOE at the waistband.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I don't think I would sew these again because I would like more coverage but if you want a skimpy bikini panty this is the pattern to use.

Conclusion:
Good pattern but not my style.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Those are super cute. Where do you buy your elastics for your panties. I love the black lacy looking kind you used on the blue pair.